11/10/2018

Loll's 12 Tags of Christmas 2018 - merry

I'd like to share with you a tag I made for Loll's Twelve Tags of Christmas this weekend.


An entry tag should be a Mixed Media or CAS Mixed Media Christmas tag.


Here's my tag:



1. I stenciled the berries and the greenery on a piece of Bristol paper with distressed crayons. The stencil image was quite small, so I used damp Q-tips to push the crayon into the stencil openings.
2. I die-cut the stenciled piece and brushed the image with a shimmer pen.
3. I heat-embossed the entire tag with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE) and heat-embossed the sentiment over the UTEE coated surface. 
4. I die-cut the same tag with light blue for backing.

I sponged light blue Distress Ink in the background but it didn't show much, especially after covering it with UTEE which has a yellow tint.




I love the glossy-look of the tag!


Check out the gallery here. I hope you join the fun!


Stamp: Festive Snippets (Penny Black)
Paper:
Bristol Paper (100 lb. - Strathmore), Soft Sky (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:
Distress Crayons (Festive Berries, Peacock Feathers, Twisted Citron, Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Antiqued Bronze), Distress Ink (Tumbled Glass), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories:Die-namics Tag Builder Blue Prints 4 (My Favorite Things), Stencil (Layering Mini Collection #19 - Tim Holtz), Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (Clear - Ranger), Embossing Powder (Tempting Turquoise - Stampin' Up!), Nuvo Aqua Shimmer (Glitter Gloss), Natural Multiweight Hemp Cord (Hemptique)

13 comments:

  1. Fantastic tag Hideko, love the dimension created with the utee! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hideko, this looks so much like a piece of en-caustic wax. I' going to read your instructions so carefully :). I think the UTEE makes the difference.
    Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! This is so cool! Gorgeous colouring with distress crayons through your stencil, Hideko. Adding the UTEE creates a piece of enamel jewelry. So pretty it should be hung on a Christmas tree! Thanks for playing along at TTOC 2018! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is breathtaking!! It's like a piece of jewellery! Beautifully done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That must be amazing with the UTEE over the image! Love the stenciling with the distress crayons. What a fabulous tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How clever of you, Hideko to color thru your stencil with distress crayons. Adding the UTEE heat embossed layer makes your tag perfect for a Christmas tree ornament to be used year after year. I love how the yellow tint adds an antique look to your tag too:-) TFS my friend. Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the enameled look of your beautiful tag. What patience you have to try the crayons through a small stencil but it was well worth the effort. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is yet another example of your creative genius! Hideko, how gorgeous - It's like a piece of jewelry... your tag should find it's place of honor on the best gift under the tree!
    [Each time I see someone use this UTEE stuff I wonder why I don't have it yet... ha!]
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. The greenery and berries is so bright and vivid, Hideko! The details of your coloring is amazing on this tiny masterpiece that looks like a piece of jewelry! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW this is fabulous tag Hideko, wonderful Christmasy stencil and did a great job with the crayons and then to thick emboss - it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic tag, love the dimension! It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tag, Hideko! I love the glossy finish and unique design x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Hideko! Fantastic stencilling work. Such great patience to use a q-tip. Amazing details achieved. Love the whole glossy look of the UTEE embossing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!