1/19/2020

CAS Stencil Challenge - many thanks

Hi everyone,

CAS Stencil Challenge is celebrating its first birthday this month.
Congratulations to Loll and the wonderful Designers on the team!




The first challenge of this year is hosted by my dear friend, Nancy. She chose "Use a New Stencil" as the theme. It's perfect for the new year, isn't it?



Here's my card:




I've been enjoying Concord & 9th's turnabout stamps and stencils. I love their clever system. I bought this stencil (picture below) last year, but I haven't had a chance to use it. Thank you, Nancy, for hosting this fun challenge and encouraging me to use a new stencil! 



[How I made the card]
1. Masked the sentiments before stenciling the center image because I didn't need the sentiments for the card.
2. Put the stencil on 6" x 6" white cardstock, and stenciled with Mermaid Lagoon. Turned the stencil clockwise 90 degrees, then inked with Peacock Feathers. Turned the stencil 90 degrees again, and stenciled with Wilted Violet. Turned the stencil again and inked with Blueprint Sketch.
3. Trimmed the stenciled piece to 4-1/2" x 4-1/2", and die-cut the frame with a Hemstitch Square die. 
4. Stamped the sentiment in Navy Blue.
5. Glued the panel on to the Navy Blue card base.


I'm sharing my card at CAS Waterclour Challenge and STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge, too.


            


Thanks so much for visiting me today!


Stamp: Bitty Thanks & Gratitude (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Whisper White, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!)

InkDistress Ink (Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch - Ranger), Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: Faceted Turnabout Stencil (Concord & 9th), Dies (Hemstitch Squares - Spellbinders), 
Connect Glue (Gina K)

17 comments:

  1. such a cool image, now I'm intrigued with the turn about stencils. Great colour Choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful turn about stencil flower image, Hideko. I love your color choices as you turned your stencil 4 times..really cool! Love your hemstitch die cut frame for your pretty card. TFS and I am so pleased you joined us at CAS Stencil Challenge, my sweet friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always a beautifully crafted and elegant card Hideko...I love that you offset the image too ... Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have many Turnabout stamps but never looked at the stencils...definitely going to have to check them out as I just LOVE this one you've used with the cool colors Hideko! Lovely, lovely card and thanks for linking it up in the CAS Watercolour site...we love having you join us!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Hideko! Your color palette worked perfectly with this stencil and I love your hemstitch border! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at CAS Stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of these turnabout stencils. So cool!! LOVE the colours you've used. Gorgeous card Hideko!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Hideko! I love how you used the colors of the w/c challenge for your beautiful turnabout wreath design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Hideko! this TURNED out beautifully!! A beautiful way to say thank you!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a fabulous effect with the stencilling Hideko. So unique and the colours are glorious. I too have never heard of these turnabout stencils but off to investigate x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea with the turn about stencil.... your card is fabulous Hideko, love those 'cool' colours you've combined for the mosaic effect - offset and with that great die cut border - hugs Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow - what an interesting stencil and what a great tiled look it creates - beautiful colors used here Hideko - so pretty with that die cut frame edge too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! I did not realize there is a turnabout stencil line. Such a striking and beautiful card. Perfect stencilling. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the way you kept the stencil down in the bottom corner - I'm always so reluctant to go off-centre! Beautiful colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this turned out beautifully Hideko (sorry just realized the pun! :) These stencils looked difficult to use but you have mastered this one, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool stencil. I haven't seen a stencil like this before. Love the stained glass look it created. Loved the colors you used. Thanks for sharing with STAMPlorations Stencil Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Hideko! I've never seen C&9th's turnabout stencils--that's gorgeous! And the colors you chose are so pretty! Looks like you've enabled me to get that stencil ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!