2/15/2020

CAS Mix Up February Challenge - happy birthday

Hello everyone,

It's time for the mid-month reminder at CAS Mix Up



I used sentiment dies to make a stencil earlier this month, so I used image dies for today's card for a change.

Here's my card:



Using Stencil from Die-cuts, Die-cutting, Heat-embossing, and Stamping


[How I made the card]
1. Die-cut a piece of acetate with snowflake dies.
2. Stenciled the snowflakes with distress inks.
3. Die-cut a frame from the stenciled piece. Die-cut blue cardstock with the same frame die 3 times and layered the pieces for dimension.
4. Heat-embossed the sentiment.
5. Glued everything on to the card base and added a tiny gem to the center of a few of the snowflakes.




The "regular" layered die-cut snowflakes are very pretty, but I think the stenciled ones have a more warm and cozy feeling. Now that I've gotten more out of this die set, I like it even more! 😉


You have until February 24th to link up your card here. Join us for this fun challenge!



Stamp: Essential Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Paper: 
Whisper White, Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Distress Ink (Iced Spruce, Stormy Sky, Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke, Weathered Wood - Rnager), VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Acetate (Grafix), Die-namics Layered Snowflakes, Single Stitch Line Rectangle Frames (My Favorite Things), 
Embossing Powder (Liquid Platinum - Ranger), Adhesive Rhinestones (Recollections), Connect Glue (Gina K)

13 comments:

  1. I love these stenciled snowflakes, Hideko! The layered colors are so soft and pretty and the gray and blue make a wonderful contrast! Awesome framing and brilliant to put the blue frame underneath! The silver embossed sentiment is simple and so elegant! Awesome design, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful combination of colours for your card, Hideko! I love how the snowflakes go over the edge onto the raised frame. That bit of blue peeking out looks so pretty. Amazing winter birthday card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful soft colours! Love the way the snowflakes overlap the raised frame - such a great design feature! And the blue cs layers of the frame are so subtle but add a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hideko, I love that [as in nature] there are no two snowflakes alike, but equally beautiful! CAS perfection!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful soft ink tones, just perfect for these delicate and unique snowflakes. I do love that dimensional frame stacked up on the blue cardstock. A pure CAS perfection beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful delicate snowflakes and love the mix of light blues and browns. The snowflakes make a perfect winter birthday card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of the layered snowflakes with the frame! So so soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful soft colors for your stenciled snowflakes, Hidiko. I LOVE how you made your stencil snowflakes using your snowflake dies! Beautiful and creative layered framing for added texture and wonderful way to keep your design CAS:-) TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous winter birthday card. I love your colour combination, those snowflakes look so soft and delicate xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to get even more out of our dies Hideko and what a beautiful card you've made with the stencilling. The colours and composition are fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great challenge to stretch those dies. Beautiful card and ink blending. Love the colours and the hifdden die cut frame design. So coo,

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this stylized snowflake design, Hideko! Beautiful soft colors and how great that you can now have twice as much fun with it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!