3/01/2020

CAS Mix Up March Challenge - sending lots of love

It's March, and this is a special month for CAS Mix Up Challenge.
It's our 4th birthday! Can you believe this Challenge is already turning FOUR?!
I'd love for you to join us in the celebration! We have prizes. 😊




Our talented Designer, Jenny, is hosting this fun challenge this month and she chose Acrylic Paint as the theme. We have a wonderful Guest Designer, Betty (created by bjk).




I bought my first acrylic paints a few months ago and this is my first time to use them. How exciting it is to try a new medium!

And here's my card:


Using Acrylic Paint, Gel Press, Stenciling, Die-cutting, Heat-embossing, and Stamping


[How I made the card]
1. Made a background using acrylic paint and Gel Press. I watched this video to learn how to use Gel Press.



This is one of the many backgrounds I made, using the items below (fruit net, crinkled tissue paper, bubble wrap) in addition to stencils.



Pounced the crinkled tissue ball over the dark brown wet print, stenciled with purple paint, and pressed a piece of bubble wrap inked with light blue paint over the stenciled part. Spattered a little Gold Perfect Pearl mixed with water over the background.
2. Die-cut the white frame twice, stacked the frames for dimension, and layered them over the acrylic piece.
3. Die-cut a smaller window from the acrylic paint background, edged it with gold heat-embossing, and popped it up on the bigger window.
4. Gold heat-embossed the sentiment.
5. Glued the front panel to the card base.


My fingers got very "colorful" after making the backgrounds 😉, but it was so much fun to try Gel Press with acrylic paint. I hope you'll have fun with this challenge too.

The challenge is open until March 24th.



Stamp: Leaf Canopy (Altenew)
Paper: 
Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Paint: Acrylic Paint (Monarch Creation)
Accessories: Gel Press Gel Plate (Gel Press), Gel Press Brayer (Ranger), Stencil (Circular Lace - Simon Says Stamp), Embossing Powder (Gold - Hero Arts), Perfect Pearl (Gold - Ranger), Elegant Rectangle STAX Die-namics (My Favorite Things), Connect Glue (Gina K), Bubble Wrap, Tissue Paper

16 comments:

  1. Hideko, I never would have guessed the items you've used to create this Modern Art piece! you even have made a gorgeous acrylic brooch to decorate your card! Perfect with the gold embossing, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is so beautiful! What stunning colours, especially on the small piece which is wonderfully set off by the gold embossing. I love the framing of the larger piece too and the way the large and small pieces have the same shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..fabulous Mixed Media layers for your Gorgeous acrylic paint background, Hideko. I love how you framed both your pieces and added the gold heat embossing on your smaller piece. Such a beautiful one of a kind work of art, my friend. TFS your card and detailed description. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't acrylic paints fun, love your gelli print and great layout. The gold and purples and a fantastic colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed on how quickly you mastered the gelli press. This colour combo is so rich and filled with interest. Love that you just framed the piece and kept it simple. The special tiny gold frame keeps the flow going and compliments the sentiment. A beautiful card dear Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! It's amazing... Fabulous card Hideko!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is fantastic, Hideko! I love your gelli print - it's so amazing with the different designs and colours. Makes a fabulous focal point! So pretty with the white framing. And your second piece is beautiful with the gold edging. This is truly a piece of mixed media art. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Your Gel Press backgound looks amazing .... sounds like you had fun!
    I love how you've used the frames on your card, and the gold embossing is a beautiful touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Hideko, I love your gelli prints! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Striking acrylic gelli print, Hideko! Interesting supplies you used to create it... will have to check out that video. The purples with the gold looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing piece of art! Beautiful colours and patterns and I love the touch of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally delightful Hideko, love the artsy look of your card and the vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So stunning, the colours and the design are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the video link Hideko to show simple techniques, which I have just watched and found really helpful. Your card is amazing and loving the colours, the layering effect and the fun use of the stencil, tissue paper etc. I am so inspired to give this new to me technique a go.....Thank you x.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this looks so gorgeous, amazing colours....well done.
    x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sensational! I had to come by and get a better look!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!