3/15/2020

CAS Mix Up March Challenge - hello

The CAS Mix Up Challenge's 4th birthday celebration continues with the wonderful creations we see in the gallery.






Jenny's fun challenge this month is Acrylic Paint, and here's my card:


Using Acrylic Paint, Heat-embossing, and Stamping


[How I made the card]
1. Heat-embossed the leaves on a piece of white cardstock and a piece of heat-resistant acetate in dark brown. I also Heat-embossed the sentiment on the cardstock.
I learned how to use acrylic paint on acetate from this video



2. Colored the leaves with acrylic paint on the back side of the embossed acetate. This will help prevent the acrylic paint from getting scratched or marred.
3. Removed the center panel of the white cardstock by making cuts 1" from the top and 1" from the bottom.
4. Glued the acetate to the back of the top and bottom cardstock panels.
5. Added a few clear sequins to the front panel.




It was fun to color images on acetate with acrylic paint. Next time I'll be more careful with heat-embossing on acetate so that it won't warp. 😉

Visit the challenge site for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and our Guest Designer, Betty. I hope to see you in the gallery! 




Stamp: Leaf Canopy (Altenew)
Paper: 
Whisper White (Stampin. Up!)
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Paint: Acrylic Paint (Monarch Creation)
Accessories: Embossable Window Plastic (JudiKins), Embossing Powder (Early Espresso - Stampin' Up!), Sequins (Sparkling Clear Mix - Pretty Pink Posh), Connect Glue (Gina K)

12 comments:

  1. Hideko, that Leaf Canopy is truly a favorite 'round here … I hadn't a clue one could paint on acetate - but why not? Thanks once more for teaching me something new, my friend! This is such a clever, and beautiful, creation! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to use acrylic paint and acetate, my friend! I love your pretty window! I hope you are staying healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...Love your gorgeous very creative heat embossed leaves on acetate and then painting the leaves with acrylics card design, my friend. I had no idea how you created your clever card design until reading all your steps several times.. A real Wow card, Hideko. I must try your acetate window technique. Thank you so much for sharing. TFS the link also. Love and Hugs...stay safe and healthy...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love the depth of colour from the acrylic paint on acetate and your layout is perfect with the front insert of acetate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love your take on this challenge... Such a striking card Hideko and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work with this technique Hideko! The clear panel is so unique and beautiful. The acrylic paints with no colour behind makes your colour leaves look like stained glass. Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to use acrylic paint! I'm definitely going to case your gorgeous card:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card and a great way to use the acrylic paints on the back of the acetate. Always tricky heat embossing onto acetate and what a beautiful card Hideko x.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the design of your card and those soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. Love the see-through panel design, Hideko! Beautiful job colouring with acrylic paints on acetate. Thanks for the reminder I need to buy some heat-resistant acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooooh well this is special. You always have a different approach, which I adore reading about. This card is out of the ordinary. The soft pastels just add to this special design. Truly a beauty. Have you ever tried using clear DURA-LAR? https://www.grafixarts.com/products/dura-lar-film/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coloring on acetate is a wonderful technique, Hideko! And I love that the acetate window gives it a "stained glass" look! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!