8/03/2020

CAS Christmas August Challenge - time for joy

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the start of the CAS Christmas August Challenge!
This month is hosted by our talented Designer, Susan, and she chose "Twelve Days of Christmas" as the theme.
We are excited to have Meg (Bits and Pieces) Guest Designing for us this month. Welcome Meg!




Here's my card:
𝅘𝅥𝅮 On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me two turtle doves, and ...





[How I made the card]
1. Die-cut mistletoe and doves, and partially die-cut a red panel.
I googled "turtledove" and they looked thinner than my die-cut doves, so I trimmed them as below.




2. Made a frame impression on the card front using a die and an embossing pad.
3. Gold heat-embossed the sentiment.
4. Glued the mistletoe and turtledoves on the red panel, and glued the panel on to the card front.





The link on the challenge site is open until August 24th. I hope you play along with us and take this opportunity to add a Christmas card to your stash.








Stamp: Festive Snippets (Penny Black)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Gumball Green, Wild Wasabi, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Dies (Stitched Mod Rectangle STAX - My Favorite Things, Garden Greens - Sizzix, Christmas Deer Tree & Dove Stamp & Die - Momenta Art-C), Embossing Powder (Gold - Hero Arts), Connect Glue (Gina K)

18 comments:

  1. A beautiful design with your red panel, green mistletoe and the lovely 'surgically reduced' turtle doves Hideko! so very creative and clever! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous CAS Christmas card, Hideko! I love how you 'trimmed' the doves and layered them with mistletoe onto the red panel...so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card Hideko! Love your turtle doves. What a great way to stretch your dove die-cut to create a different bird! Your red background really has those white turtle doves standing out, great contrast. And a beautiful shape for your red panel as well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where else would a couple of lovey-dovey turtle doves hang out? In the mistletoe, of course! Oh Hideko, I do love a die-cut card - time for Joy indeed!
    Beautiful, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the embossed frame that mimics the shape of the red die cut! The turtle doves and mistletoe are beautiful against the rich red background! Awesome card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Hideko, I love that layout. Your red panel perfectly frames your turtle doves and mistletoe. Awesome surgical work with the doves :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hideko, this is beautiful and so perfect for the theme! Love the shape of the red panel - the perfect background for the lovely doves and green mistletoe. Thank you so much for making such a gorgeous card for the challenge I'm hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You were so clever, Hideko to redesign your die cut doves to look more like tutledoves:-) I love your CAS design using your die cut red panel and framing plus die cut embossing. Your die cut garden greens were so festive with the doves and red panel. Adding gold heat embossed sentiment was the perfect final touch. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE every little detail on this CAS and perfect card Hideko!! The red and green totally pop on your white card base and great idea to "trim" your doves to work for the turtle doves!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so cool the way you altered the doves! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful, Hideko. Another smart person who googled!... I didn’t do that and went rogue for my card. 😂 Your attention to detail - trimming the doves - is amazing. Love the design with the mod rectangle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such an elegant card Hideko. The design looks fabulous and I love how you used the red die cut along with the outer white one....great movement x. A creative way in which you did the doves and what an absolutely beautiful CAS Christmas card x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous modern and streamlined design, Hideko! I really love the look of this! I hope you're keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely design, Hideko showcasing your 2 turtle doves. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful traditional Christmas colours and great die cuts I love your card

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you've rounded the edges Hideko, it's a lovely detail on this gorgeous card. Great work modifying the doves too, they look perfect sitting in the misteltoe, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just love your turtle doves on the mistletoe, Hideko! So fun how you modified your diecut to better resemble the doves!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clever design Hideko, love your little birds on the mistletoe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!