9/03/2020

CAS Christmas September Challenge - merry christmas

Hello everyone,

It's only 3 months till December. Have you started preparing Christmas cards?

Colleen is hosting this month's challenge, and she chose Christmas Tree as the theme. I'm sure you have one or two Christmas tree stamps and/or dies. I hope you check out our challenge site and get some inspiration from the cards our Design Team and our Guest Designer, Steph (My Paper Corner), made.




Here's my card. I used the foiling technique for this card.




[How I made this card]
1. Inked the stamp with the Foil Transfer Gel using a piece of sponge and stamped on the white card base.
2. Placed an emerald watercolor foil sheet (*1) over top and ran it through my laminator.
3. Gold heat-embossed the star-like snowflake at the top of the tree and the sentiment below the tree. 
4. Die-cut the image, using a frame die. Die-cut the same frame three times from red card stock (*2) and glued the frames together. 
5. Dry-embossed the card base to give it some texture and glued the front panel onto it.


(*1) I love the watercolor foil sheet. It has different colors on one sheet as you can see in the close-up below.

(*2) I wanted to add a little bit of red somewhere, so I decide to stack the frames together under the tree panel so that the color peeks out.




See you in the gallery! You have until September 24th.








Stamp: Snow Swirled (Stampin' Up!), Snow Globe Sentiments (My Favorite Things)
Paper
Whisper White, Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Deco Foil Transfer Gel, Deco Foil (Emerald Watercolor), Embossing Powder (Hero Arts), Dies (Elegant Rectangle STAX - My Favorite Things), Embossing Folder (Bricked - Tim Holtz), Connect Glue (Gina K)

15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous foiling, Hideko...and I love that you chose Emerald Watercolor for your tree! I also love how you added texture with the embossed bricks in the background and the thin red frame to add a pop of color to your design! Such a beautiful card ~ Barb xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous laminated tree, Hideko - really sparkles!! And I love it on the elegant stax with the embossed card behind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO elegant Hideko! The foiling is beautiful - love the die cut you have it on as well as the wonderful brick embossed card base!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...Gorgeous Elegant foiled Christmas Tree card, Hideko! I Love your gold embossed snowflake star and sentiment too. How clever of you to add the subtle red stacked frame layers for a bit of red. Also loved the textured white dry embossed brick for your background. So many techniques and yet still a beautiful CAS design. TFS your beauty, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING card Hideko! Love the different colours of your foiled tree. The intricate design is gorgeous and the colours really show it off. Love the you've stacked red frames behind your white for just a little peek of red - fabulous! The textured background is fantastic and adds another element and dimension to this already amazing card! Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen has chosen the perfect theme for us all to dig out those Christmas trees that only get used once a year! Hideko, foiling your beauty just makes it more fabulous - love the variegated greens! That peek of red, and your gold embossed 'star' is the cherry on top! Now. am I also spying a new 3D embossing folder?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SOOOO pretty Hideko! Loving all that shimmer and shine on your foiled Christmas tree and really like the bit of red peeking out from the sides of the frame too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hideko, your foiled tree is stunning, I am so glad you used that technique, it really makes your tree shine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This foiled tree is gorgeous, Hideko! I love the colors and the gold snowflake and sentiment! So elegant! And the red layers underneath the die cut add to this wonderful design! Hope you have a relaxing weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous foiled tree, Hideko. Love you panels on white on white. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous foiled tree Hideko, your image looks so sparkly and festive and beautifully framed, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hideko your tree is stunning with the foil, so much sparkle. LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing foiling and that waterfall colour sure looks fabulous. Love The stacking of the die cut too Hideko with the red x., Stunning card x.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your foiled tree is gorgeous, Hideko. Great job foiling with a stamp... you managed to get amazing coverage and details. That Elegant die is beautiful and just jumped onto my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't crated a single one! But I'm loving yours... the tree is amazing and the whole card is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!