1/26/2023

You Inspire Me

Hi everyone,

Do you enjoy problem-solving?

I do, especially when I make cards. So I'd like to share with you my problem-solving process this year as well as my regular cards.

Here's my card for today:



I made the card using an old (retired) set of stamps which I didn't know how to use for a long time. The set has several butterflies with different patterns. 


I love the floral pattern butterflies in the set, and I've used them many times, but I've never used the realistic ones (at the bottom of the picture). My coloring doesn't seem to be good enough to match the realistic look.

When I saw Laura's card on Pinterest, it was a lightbulb moment. I was happy to find a solution to my problem with the stamps, ie. stamping with a very light color! It's so simple but I never thought of it.

I used light gray ink to stamp, and lightly colored the butterflies in pinks with a blender pen. The wood plank background and the sentiment were stamped with Champagne Metallic ink.

I made a circle rocking card with the circle panel, but the difficult thing was to balance the weight so that the sentiment is level to the ground when the card stops rocking. The two butterflies on the right side are heavier than the one on the left. To balance the weight of the card, I glued a little piece of thick paper to the back of the left side of the white circle. 



The butterflies still have a soft realistic look, and the coloring was so easy. It was also fun to give new life to old stamps by using them with newer supplies.

Thanks for visiting me today! 😊




Stamp: Papillon Potpourri, Perfect Words (Stampin' Up!), Wood Planks (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Basic White (Stampin' Up), Pale Rose (Bazzill)
Ink: Smoky Slate, Strawberry Slush, Blushing Bride, Crisp Cantalope (Stampin' Up), Encore Ultimeate Metallic Ink (Champagne - Tsukineko)
Others: Dies (Circle Framelits - Stampin' Up!, Folk Edge Circle - Pinkfresh Studio), Punches (Elegant Butterfly, Bitty Butterfly - Stampin' Up!), Blender Pen (Stampin' Up!), Connect Glue (Gina K), Foam Tape (3M)

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the soft grey stamping of the butterflies, and the soft colouring of them. The wood grain background and the folk edge circle make for a perfect setting for the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Hideko. Your butterflies are so pretty and delicate stamped in soft gray and coloured. Love the rocking card shape ... you did well lining it up and making sure the weight kept the sentiment straight. A bit of engineering needed for these cards as I've had trouble with that myself as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Problem solved in the loveliest of ways, Hideko! You can come color my butterflies anytime! Think they'd stand still for it? Beautiful pink and that touch of grey woodgrain stamping is just the right amount of added interest to your top panel.
    So wonderful having you back in my inbox, my friend!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome rocking card! The gray and pink is a dreamy and beautiful colour combo. Fabulous colouring if 5be butterflies and brilliant job balancing the design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, this is so pretty Hideko! I never thought to do these butterflies like this and now I'm glad I still have this well loved set. I love the circle shape and how you solved the problem of rocking so it stops in just the right place. Great problem solving, my friend. Thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous soft pretty butterfly card, using stamped with a light color and more light colors blended to finish your butterflies. I Love your circle shaped card and how you designed your rocking card. TFS your technique and solution, my friend. BTW, we are home and had a fabulous birthday getaway celebrating Denny's 80th birthday:-) More tomorrow...it is Saturday night..after all:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!