2/06/2023

Love

Hi everyone,

Have you checked the first technique post for Group of Seven Cardmakers?

After being inspired by all those gorgeous cards in the post, I tried a creative heat-embossed background technique this weekend.

Can you guess what tool I used to add VersaMark to the red cardstock?


The answer is ... a toothbrush. It made an interesting pattern.

I lightly dipped a toothbrush in a spoonful of VersaMark and swiped it on the cardstock. Then I sprinkled Chunky White, and heat-embossed it. The sentiment was die-cut three times and stacked together for dimension.

It was easy up to this point, but then I was stuck in deciding the color(s) of the frame and the card base. I was so into making a background that I didn't think of the whole card. I tried different colors and color combinations to match the red panel - white on white, white on red, brown on brown, white on brown, brown on light blue, white on light pink, silver on white... I didn't like any of the color combos.😞

I literally slept on it, and I finally thought of a clear (non-color) card base. I really liked it because it made the background the star of the show. 

I really enjoyed making the random pattern background, and I think this technique would definitely expand the background choices for your cards. Kudos to the Group of Seven Cardmakers! 

Thanks for visiting me today! 😊



 

Paper: Basic White, Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Others: Embossing Powder (Chunky White - Stampendous), Dies (Love Brush - Alexandra Renke, Mod Rectangles STAX - My Favorite Things), Acetate Sheet (Grafix), Connect Glue (Gina K)

12 comments:

  1. WOW...I am So Impressed with your Gorgeous Heat Embossed Background using a toothbrush to apply your Versamark and then heat EB with Chunky EB Powder on the Red Cardstock! So Clever and Creative, Hideko and then...you upped your creativity by mounting your card on clear acrylic sheet..Amazing! Love the added die cut white LOVE. TFS your beauty and detailed description, my friend...I really want to try your technique:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. TFS the close up photo of your stacked LOVE too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hideko, that is so incredibly creative to think of using a toothbrush! I never would have thought of that. The chunky frantage is fabulous and your stacked sentiment die finishes it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Hideko!! I LOVE the background using a toothbrush ... so clever and creative. The white on red is perfect for a Love card. :) And I love the clear base. Thanks so much for the shout out for Group of Seven!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you clever girl! This is so gorgeous - I was going to guess the edge of the ink pad but that toothbrush worked its magic!
    I adore that great big LOVE, Hideko! 'Love brush' is that where your inspiration came from?
    CLEARLY your acetate card base was the most fabulous choice from all your options! LOve it!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total genius Hideko! Absolutely love the embossed background and the gorgeous sentiment and the acetate base was truly inspired! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a clever way to use the toothbrush, love the effect, thanks for trying the technique ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Brilliant idea to use a toothbrush for this technique… it gives a fabulous organic background. Love the final colour combo you settled on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have taken this creative embossing even further, Hideko! I love the pattern the toothbrush made with the VersaMark and the chunky embossing powder was a fantastic idea! The clear background adds even more creativity in making this WOW card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a girl after my own heart, Hideko! I love that you thought of using a toothbrush for this fun technique and I literally swooned over the fabulous design you created from your chunky white brushed embossing! The flowing die-cut love and rounded corners are perfect and the clear card base was a brilliant idea!

    Thank you for trying out our first Go7 technique! We have added a linky tool on the blog post and we'd love to have you share your creation in the gallery there!💕Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love your embossed background. A great technique to use a toothbrush to apply the Versamark ink. Love the texture of the chunky embossing powder. I thought your background was just the white until I took another look to see the clear layer. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy to see you joined with us and tried out creative heat embossing - your toothbrush strokes left a great pattern over the red card. Such a pretty design with just the simple die cut love and layered to an acrylic card base! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting! Your comments are much appreciated!